Friday, December 23, 2011

Angles and Jumping. Jumping and Angles.

I decided to start a blog about the training I am doing with the Tax Man. I figured a blog would be the easiest way to really explain my thoughts and feelings about the training we are doing....which is kind of a lot.

I have had some interesting training sessions the past couple of days. After the seminar with Ashley Deacon on Tuesday I decided to give the wild man a break so training did not happen again until last night. He did a good job after having a little break. I was afraid all would fall apart and become a mess, but being the good boy that Tax is, he managed to have some really nice sequences. There were a couple of bars down, not all of which were his fault however. I am still having to figure out my timing with him so that I don't mess him up. Oh the handler errors, always keeping me on my feet. ;) Ashley helped me a lot to realize I do a kind of weird thing with my shoulders on my front crosses that coincided with some bars Tax took during the seminar. So I am working really hard on my moves to make things go smoother. I also found that Tax had some issues with jumps at an angle. So we mastered straight on and slightly angled jumps, but needed to refined the jumps that are at more "crazy" angles. So today I did two different sessions with a jump and a cone. Unfortunately I do not have a tunnel here at my house so I used the cone to help him build up some speed. We did a lot of the foundation stuff Ashley showed me and in the second session he did not knock a single jump. I even stepped up the difficulty by doing more extension into collection at an angled jump. Very pleased with the boy. :)  He really is trying his hardest to please me and I am pretty sure he is having a lot of fun. I know I am having a ton of fun with him so I just hope he feels the same way about me! ;) Tomorrow morning we are going to train at a friend's house which will be a lot of fun. I am excited to see how Tax does with the excitement of a new location and new equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment